Why is my battery life very short on my Note 3 and Gear S since I updated to Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Battery life very short on my Note 3 and Gear S since I updated to Lollipop

My battery life doesn't last a half day on both since I installed this update. I have found when I turn off bluetooth on both my phone and the Gear S my battery life is more like normal. There is some problem with bluetooth using too much power from this update. Anyone else find this to be true?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery life very short on my Note 3 and Gear S since I updated to Lollipop

My battery life doesn't last a half day on both since I installed this update. I have found when I turn off bluetooth on both my phone and the Gear S my battery life is more like normal. There is some problem with bluetooth using too much power from this update. Anyone else find this to be true?

Doing a factory reset shot fix the issue. Lollipop seems to be causing a lot of issues after people update to it. Most of the issues are resolved after the user does a factory reset.

Big_Snake

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue as soon as I updated to Lollipop on my Samsung Note 3. I haven't done the factory reboot yet. But why someone will release an update that has so many known issues, fooling people into this trap. They should at least give us a warning message for the potential issues before the system update starts.