Using launcher on Huawei Honor 4x

prashantj21

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought Huawei Honor 4x cell phone. This is my first Android handset. So I'm still learning the basic things. Its after I bought the handset, I came to know about the launchers. Since I didn't like the default UI (EmotionUI), I installed Nova launcher. It looks great. But when I press the Home button, it brings me to the default EmotionUI. Is there a way with which I can set the launcher of my choice as permanent UI?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings/General/Application manager. Find the EmotionUI. Tap it, then scroll down to Clear defaults. Tap that. Press the Home button and you'll be asked which launcher you want. Choose Nova and tap Always. (Or you can install Default App Manager to make it easier to change the default app for a function. It brings you to the same screens, but you don't have to remember where they are.)

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I'm unable to clear the EmotionUI as the default launcher... when loading another launcher it's asking me to go to EmotionUI settings and clear Defaults, however when I get to the settings it's saying "no defaults set". It seems I'm a bit stuck...

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
For some reason I'm unable to clear the EmotionUI as the default launcher... when loading another launcher it's asking me to go to EmotionUI settings and clear Defaults, however when I get to the settings it's saying "no defaults set". It seems I'm a bit stuck...

It's actually a known issue back at XDA.

Some people said only way to overcome it was to root it and use Titanium, however :

You could use Launcher Switcher, in case that issue persists.. Worked for me when I couldn't replace Touchwiz on S4.

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I've figured it out. It seems that Emotion UI restricts default use from individual app settings, and instead manages them all in one place. I guess that makes sense now that I know about it! If you go to "Manage Apps" under Settings, then there will be a "Manage Defaults" option at the bottom. Problem solved.

My new issue is that I'm not receiving auto push notifications, but only when I manually refresh apps. This is incredibly annoying. I've turned off wi-fi power saver, checked all other settings, but there is no obvious solution.

If there is a safe way to root and install vanilla android then I'd be keen to hear about it, on XDA there are a lot of people complaining that they've been bricked.

prashantj21

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi cliche, I'm also facing this problem of not receiving push notifications for Huawei email app. Did you find the solution for that? If yes, kindly share.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet