Anyone know where I can find a custom ROM for my Android?

Nicky55992

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
My tablet runs Android 4.2.2 and the model number is M920. I'm looking for a SAFE custom ROM to replace the current ROM (which has some annoying bloatware). I couldn't find anything on Google...so I resorted to asking here.

If you need me to tell you more details about my device just let me know, and I'll try to provide you with the info ASAP.

Thanks!! :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on exactly what you want in a ROM. If all you want to do is remove the bloatware, just root the current ROM and uninstall the bloatware. (I'd freeze it first. Then, if the phone isn't having problems after a few weeks, uninstall it. Unfreezing it takes a tap, reinstalling it, if the phone actually needed it, may require reflashing the ROM.)

If you want a new ROM, that may be a problem. It's one of those "no information available" Chinese tablets. No one is developing ROMs for them. (People develop ROMs for the devices they own, and since each of those devices is produced in limited quantities, and they're not very good, developers won't buy them, so no ROMs.)

Nicky55992

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
It depends on exactly what you want in a ROM. If all you want to do is remove the bloatware, just root the current ROM and uninstall the bloatware. (I'd freeze it first. Then, if the phone isn't having problems after a few weeks, uninstall it. Unfreezing it takes a tap, reinstalling it, if the phone actually needed it, may require reflashing the ROM.)

If you want a new ROM, that may be a problem. It's one of those "no information available" Chinese tablets. No one is developing ROMs for them. (People develop ROMs for the devices they own, and since each of those devices is produced in limited quantities, and they're not very good, developers won't buy them, so no ROMs.)

Thanks for the reply. I did the first thing that you told me to do....I uninstalled all the bloatware that I could find.

Also in my File Manager, I found a folder labeled "Baidu". Could this be referring to the app Baidu Browser? My sister has the exact same tablet as me and Baidu Browser is a bloatware app on her device. (She has problems with bloatware like me.) So could it be that Baidu Browser is hidden bloatware on my tablet? Every time I try to delete the Baidu folder, it comes back again once I reboot the tablet again.

Too bad there's no ROMs available for my tablet. One more thing--if I I wanted to, would it be possible for me to make my own custom ROM for my device? Just wanted to know....

Thanks again for the reply. You've helped me out a lot! :)

Last edited:

Nicky55992

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure the Baidu app is causing all the problem?

Oh sorry I didn't mean to make you think that!

I'm not worried too much about the Baidu app/folder. I just wanted to ask about it because I thought it was kind of weird how it kept on reappearing every time I tried deleting it. Not my main concern.

My main concern is replacing my current ROM, like I said in my original post....it's too buggy and slow....

Thanks for the reply! :)