can't transfer a file using es file and my galley is placed by "photo"..

Ran Manalang

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
After upgrading my tablet to 5.1 lollipop my gallery has been placed by "photo" app now i have two "photo" app but no "gallery"..
Onemore thing my Es File manager would not allow me to transfer a file from my internal memory going to my external memory"SD card".. Take note that my device is update to lollipop 5.0.1 and my Es File manager is updated to 3.2.5.1 already.. Need your advice..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) You should have one Photo App. If you don't need the storage space, ignore the duplicate. Otherwise, you could look at the dates (in Application manager) and uninstall the earlier one.

As for copying files to the SD card, ES will have to create a folder on the card, then it can copy files to that folder. The card now uses the same permissions setup as the rest of Linux - one app can't write to another app's folders. You can change that if you root the ROM and run an app like NextApp SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD (root) to make a few changes in a file for you. (It can't be done if the ROM isn't rooted.) Then anything can write anywhere on the card again.

Ran Manalang

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I already did what you told me I tried to created a new folder on my SD card using my es but it still indicating that I should have permission..