I went to shutdown my phone to do a soft reset, but now it's stuck in the shutdown sequence. I cannot boot the phone. I am absolutely certain it is not bootlloop. Right before I shut off the phone(unsucessfully, of course) I had downloaded and configured Solo Launcher and Go locker. Before I downloaded these the phone would restart perfectly. I need a solution. Also, would letting the battery run down and then recharge it to force a boot work?
    Kathleen Baca likes this.
    04-29-2015 09:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? You can force a power off on any Android device by pressing and holding the Power button for about 10-15 seconds--give that a try.
    04-29-2015 11:16 PM
    Hey. My lady has a Razr hd with a similar sounding problem. When the battery runs all the way down, she plugs it in (loose port, etc.) and tries to charge. Problem is, as the phone is charging, it begins to power up, which drains the battery to the point the phone powers down again. Tried turning the phone off manually during the approx. 4 seconds of usage, but it keeps turning back on when charging, which drains the battery to the poiny of power-down. This Groundhog Day-esque loop is frustrating both of us. Any suggestions beyond new phone/battery?
    05-06-2015 07:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It might be a problem with the port itself, since you already mention that it's a loose fit. There might not be anything else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Perhaps they only have to replace the charge port, which shouldn't be too expensive.
    Anudeep Makireddi likes this.
    05-06-2015 10:58 AM
    It really worked bro...Thanks
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-05-2017 08:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It might be a problem with the port itself, since you already mention that it's a loose fit. There might not be anything else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Perhaps they only have to replace the charge port, which shouldn't be too expensive.
    My moto g3 mobile got struck during power off. I tried several times to switch it off but it got hanged..Then I held the power key for 10 seconds,then my mobile worked...

Thanks
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-05-2017 08:20 AM
    If it's stuck, try removing the battery, then putting it back in. It should reset the device, ending the shutdown loop.
    07-25-2017 07:35 AM