android is is using way too much data.

padrefan

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not that technologically inclined. Does anyone know how to stop android os from using so much background data? I'm on a nexus 5 and it's using way more data than anything on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How much data is it using relative to your monthly plan? I would guess that the system is always going to use some data for various functions--one thing I can think of is the "Backup my data" option in Settings>Backup & Reset.

Have you tried the Restrict Background Data option in Settings>Data Usage​?

padrefan

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have unlimited data through my carrier, but it always seems to slow down towards the end of the month. In the first 4 days of the month android os has already used 3.4 GB. I have the back up my data turned off. If I restrict my background data some of my apps don't work.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Data Usage, scroll below the graph to see the list of apps using data. What are the top 5 users and how much data did each use?

padrefan

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate the help. Thank you.

I usually wipe the cache partition once a week, and its been done multiple times since android OS has been using so much data. I also clear my browser history and clear cached data everyday when I restart my phone.

Here is the list of my app usage. My billing cycle started on 4-29.

Android OS - 3.51 GB
MLB at bat - 2.32 GB
ESPN Radio - 1.24 GB
Chrome - .97 GB
You Tube - 486 MB
Google Play Store - 119 MB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member