Anyone else think that honeycomb will be only for tablets, a second version of android?
    01-04-2011 06:32 PM
    Well yes. There has to be. There will be two versions of Honeycomb. A tablet version and a smarter phone version. I saw two because there are different things in each version, some specifically for tablets and some specifically for smarter phones. It may be like with apple iOS 4.0 for smart phones and iOS 4.1 for the iPad.
    01-04-2011 06:50 PM
    No honeycomb will have a phone side its like they os that starts with a i. They will be different but they will be honeycomb

Sent from mt HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    01-04-2011 11:56 PM
    Engadget just released a video of Honeycomb and it states it will only be for tablets. No requirements for running it were released as far as i can tell.
    01-05-2011 04:34 PM
    i do not think i was ready for you to put words in quotation marks. i'll think about what you really want when you put your search in quotes and try to return something that makes sense.

great article giving all the technical detail about this product. i was wandering around to get some insight about it from a long time. thnx to resolve my issue

ccnp certification
    01-10-2011 04:38 AM
    Didn't Matias Duarte stop short of saying whether Honeycomb will come to phones in his Engadget interview? I think they're just not ready yet but the Android UI definitely needs a major overhaul.
    01-11-2011 10:07 PM
    There have been a million conflicting reports on this, nothing is official. My assumption is that it won't be Tablet only, but simply two different iterations; one for Tablets and one for Phones.
    01-11-2011 10:11 PM
    BGR | Boy Genius Report Google will not bring Honeycomb to smartphones

There you have it. Been saying it for the longest. Honeycomb is ONLY for tablets. Chris you are close though. They said that they will release FEATURES of Honeycomb in future phones. By features they DO NOT mean the actual OS.
    02-03-2011 01:33 PM
    BGR | Boy Genius Report Google will not bring Honeycomb to smartphones

There you have it. Been saying it for the longest. Honeycomb is ONLY for tablets. Chris you are close though. They said that they will release FEATURES of Honeycomb in future phones. By features they DO NOT mean the actual OS.
    Nice try, but incorrect

Check your source, it's updated
    02-04-2011 12:16 PM
    Damn you BGR! LOL
    02-04-2011 11:54 PM
    lulz
    02-06-2011 03:34 AM
    Honeycomb is I think tablets gingerbread right?
    02-08-2011 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD