01-17-2010 09:53 AM
61 123
tools
    I have friends with pre s and they all want Droids.
    01-09-2010 09:08 PM
    Speed Forge 3d - Amazing
    01-09-2010 09:28 PM
    Also I was waiting to move from the BlackBerry to the Pre when the Droid came out. To me there was almost nothing to consider. With what I heard about the build quality of the Pre along with the fact that developers were not interested in it made it an easy decision.

I LOVE my Droid and would not switch to anything.
    01-09-2010 09:30 PM
    I just moved from Pre to droid! I like the Pre but the droid has lots more to offer. Wife liked it so much she got one as well.

KC
    01-09-2010 09:32 PM
    I have friends with pre s and they all want Droids.
    lol that's hilarious
    01-09-2010 09:38 PM
    01-09-2010 10:03 PM
    I'm on day 2 of my Pre->Droid switch and I seriously can't look back. The amount of polish, the speed of everything (although web scrolling was actually smoother on my pre), and the small things that have worked on my Droid that did not work on my Pre is making me so happy. The apps available for it are better quality (though I know the pre's will improve eventually). Hell, the Swype keyboard by itself makes it worth it. I am not regretting switching at all.
    Web scrolling was smoother because of the complete eyesore checkerboard the Pre does until it can render the content. I HATED that when browsing on the Pre, literally ANY time you scrolled, you got checkerboard. That's not smooth, that's a workaround so the browsing speed isn't as bad as it would be otherwise.
    01-10-2010 07:47 PM
    1.3.5 eliminated the checkerboard completely on the Pre.

However, I am more and more happy with the web browsing hte more I use it, and having google bookmarks synced is quite nice.

All in all, the more I use my droid the less I miss about my Pre. There are some things I think the Pre does better (notifications while locked, music application (cause controlling pause/playback/prev song/next song through touchscreen gestures makes doing things easier while driving), Pandora's pre app has one minor advantage etc..).

However, the Droid more than makes up for this in speed, multitasking (Once you realize that the droid does multitasking differently than the pre/windows and it does a good job of managing open apps for you without you having to worry, you'll love it and realize that the pre's card system *is* gimmicky), Google navigation (Much better than sprint's, and being able to speak "Navigate to <resturant>" and having it correctly find your destination while driving is nothing short of amazing.

The extra screen space is very noticable and very welcome as well.

All in all, I do not regret switching form the Pre to the Droid, and finally realize why Android is coming up as formidable competition to the IPhone.
    01-10-2010 08:24 PM
    Former Pre user, just switched to Droid.

WebOS is awesome. The Pre is not. Nothing really wrong with the phone itself, but the build is terrible - the touchscreen will die on you, the slider will eventually feel like the 2 halves of the phone are coming apart and the battery will need to be charged 2x a day to maintain your productivity. Not to mention the USB port will crack, the screen casing will crack after plugging in USB too much (i know.. right?), etc etc.

The rumors are the Pre Plus fixes all of the engineering issues, but who really knows until it's released.
    01-16-2010 07:53 PM
    Is that you AP?
    lol thats funny.
    01-16-2010 11:34 PM
    the pre is slow slow slow super Slow...
    01-17-2010 09:53 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD