Will the 2013 nexus 7 get android M?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think it'll get it. It handles Lollipop perfectly from my Nexus 7 plus the original Nexus 7 and the Nexus 4 didn't get a official Lollipop preview yet got them. I am not sure on the Nexus 7 since its getting extremely tedious more so under Lollipop but I'm also certain the Nexus 4 will also receive it. Basically same internals as the Nexus 7 2013 and it runs Lollipop fine as well.

Posted via the Sailfish iMore app

Last edited:

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes the 2013 nexus 7 will get android M. Bit that will be the very last update for it.

Posted via Android Central App

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Not according to Google. Supposedly only the Nexus 5, 6 and 9 are getting Android M

Sent from my GPE 5.1 HTC DROID DNA.
Source?

The nexus 7 won't see the preview but I would expect the 2013 model to get M after the official release.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Source?

The nexus 7 won't see the preview but I would expect the 2013 model to get M after the official release.

Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-m-ge...older-nexus-models-stuck-lollipop-5xx-1937279

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Below is just one of many reports about which Nexus devices will and will not be getting Android M, it was on just about every Android blog and news site. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is what it is. If you need more than just this news story, Google is your friend.

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-m-ge...older-nexus-models-stuck-lollipop-5xx-1937279

Although the Nexus 7 isn't going to get an official Google release, I'm sure it will get quickly ported for your device.

I asked you to site a source and you took that awfully personally. But I'd be glad to read your source so let's have a look shall we...

First off this article and "just about every android blog and news site" was written before I/o which is kind of an important detail. At this point absolutely nothing was official and for all anyone knew the next version of android could be Oreo.

Next up we see words like assumed and likely, not exactly confidence building here but hey let's keep reading just for grins.

And what do we find for our efforts... This little nugget here "It remains unclear if the Nexus 7 2013, put together as well by Asus, will chew in MNC."

I don't know about anybody else but I can't interpret any of that as the nexus 7 2013 definitely won't get android M. If you believe the rumor that nexus devices get major updates for 2 years it would only make sense the tablet would see M. It's not like google to not give the tablet one last update.

Next time try a little harder before correcting people or calling people out.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I asked you to site a source and you took that awfully personally. But I'd be glad to read your source so let's have a look shall we...

First off this article and "just about every android blog and news site" was written before I/o which is kind of an important detail. At this point absolutely nothing was official and for all anyone knew the next version of android could be Oreo.

Next up we see words like assumed and likely, not exactly confidence building here but hey let's keep reading just for grins.

And what do we find for our efforts... This little nugget here "It remains unclear if the Nexus 7 2013, put together as well by Asus, will chew in MNC."

I don't know about anybody else but I can't interpret any of that as the nexus 7 2013 definitely won't get android M. If you believe the rumor that nexus devices get major updates for 2 years it would only make sense the tablet would see M. It's not like google to not give the tablet one last update.

Next time try a little harder before correcting people or calling people out.

Also try harder to gather accurate and up to date information before trying to counter someone else's statement.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Also try harder to gather accurate and up to date information before trying to counter someone else's statement.

I hardly took it personally, as I said, it has been reported on many news sites, I only included one. READ, READ READ, since it's on many news sites, you shouldn't have a problem finding it. The best thing you can do is wait. I'll bet google won't be giving you that upgrade. They made it clear that if your device is Two years old other alder, you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE, just security updates. WHAT'S WITH THE WHINING, JUST DEAL WITH IT AND WAIT FOR THE PORT!, ID BE DISSAPOINTED AS WELL. IF I HAD ONE OF YOUR DEVICES. THE ONLY THING YOU AND THE NEXUS, 4, will be getting security patches. Do your homework. I hope this works out for you, but not likely.

Last edited:

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I hardly took it personally, as I said, it has been reported on many news sites, I only included one. READ, READ READ, since it's on many news sites, you shouldn't have a problem finding it. The best thing you can do is wait. I'll bet google won't be giving you that upgrade. They made it clear that if your device is Two years old other alder, you WILL NOT BE GETTING THE UPDATE, just security updates. WHAT'S WITH THE WHINING, JUST DEAL WITH IT AND WAIT FOR THE PORT!, ID BE DISSAPOINTED AS WELL. IF I HAD ONE OF YOUR DEVICES. THE ONLY THING YOU AND THE NEXUS, 4, will be getting security patches. Do your homework. I hope this works out for you, but not likely.
Do you know what taking something personally means?

And I have a nexus 9 so don't assume that I'm the one getting **** hurt here dude.

Find 1 article out of all these articles you mention that was written after I/O and says officially that the nexus 7 2013 is not getting M.

That's how these things usually work, people site sources rather than just stating things as fact.

If you did actually take your own advice and read you would notice I never actually said you were wrong, I just asked you to back up your statement and instead you got **** hurt.

For what its worth google hasn't been in the habit of releasing a nexus device and then only giving it 1 major update so in my opinion (notice I said opinion and don't just state things as fact) I would expect to see android M the major android release for 2015 on a nexus device from 2013.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you know what taking something personally means?

And I have a nexus 9 so don't assume that I'm the one getting **** hurt here dude.

Find 1 article out of all these articles you mention that was written after I/O and says officially that the nexus 7 2013 is not getting M.

That's how these things usually work, people site sources rather than just stating things as fact.

If you did actually take your own advice and read you would notice I never actually said you were wrong, I just asked you to back up your statement and instead you got **** hurt.

For what its worth google hasn't been in the habit of releasing a nexus device and then only giving it 1 major update so in my opinion (notice I said opinion and don't just state things as fact) I would expect to see android M the major android release for 2015 on a nexus device from 2013.

The 2013 nexus 7 certainty could handle M. It's Google's decision to decide if they should invest the time and resources to make sure that M runs smoothly on a two year old device with hardware from 2012. (which they will have no problem with, considering the nexus 7 already runs lollipop just fine) I doubt they won't release M for at least the 2013 nexus 7. Just a thought.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The 2013 nexus 7 certainty could handle M. It's Google's decision to decide if they should invest the time and resources to make sure that M runs smoothly on a two year old device with hardware from 2012. (which they will have no problem with, considering the nexus 7 already rind lollipop just fine) I doubt they won't release M for at least the 2013 nexus 7. Just a thought.
Agreed, it would probably run M smoother than lollipop even.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, it would probably run M smoother than lollipop even.

What's awesome is that even with such outdated hardware, (by today's standards) the 2013 nexus 7 runs lollipop almost as smoothly as a nexus 6. It makes me happy to see that Google cares about giving it's users a quality experience for the lifetime of a device.

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I think it'll get it. It handles Lollipop perfectly from my Nexus 7 plus the original Nexus 7 and the Nexus 4 didn't get a official Lollipop preview yet got them. I am not sure on the Nexus 7 since its getting extremely tedious more so under Lollipop but I'm also certain the Nexus 4 will also receive it. Basically same internals as the Nexus 7 2013 and it runs Lollipop fine as well.

Posted via the Sailfish iMore app

Lollipop is decent on the Nexus 4, not really great, so I think if Google hasn't explicitly mentioned an upcoming M update for the Nexus 7 odds are it's not coming. Either way, though, there will be a plethora of AOSP ROMs that can be flashed to get it anyway.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop is decent on the Nexus 4, not really great, so I think if Google hasn't explicitly mentioned an upcoming M update for the Nexus 7 odds are it's not coming. Either way, though, there will be a plethora of AOSP ROMs that can be flashed to get it anyway.

But since M doesn't bring any major graphical changes, I think that both the nexus 7 2013 and the nexus 4 could handle M just fine.