Internet browser dramatically slow on lollipop

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that their Internet has slowed since the lollipop update? A web page sometimes takes me several minutes to load on chrome or the stock browser, my Internet connection is not the culprit as that's fine and it also happens when connected to wifi! Also all of a sudden my phone (s5) has become very laggy, just this morning I clicked on the messaging app and waited nearly 30 seconds for it to happen, this has started to happen more and more, when I first did the update I cleared the cache partition and did a factory reset.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't usually browse on the phone but I tried browsing with both Chrome and Firefox and it was not slow. My messaging app, Hangouts, is working fine. Neither browsing nor messaging has delays anywhere of over four seconds or so. I went to Chrome, searched for Drudge, and when I clicked on the link it took four seconds to see the Drudge Report. I'm on a Nexus 5 with Android 5.1.1.

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Also apps are taking forever to download, it just took me nearly 10 minutes to download the bbc weather app!! Pulling the battery seems to help for a little while although obviously this isn't a permanent fix!!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I download WeatherUnderground and it took about fifteen seconds to download. I would seem that MrsSmall and Diablo have the same problems and it isn't simply Android 5. Perhaps comparing apps to find common ones might help.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Also apps are taking forever to download, it just took me nearly 10 minutes to download the bbc weather app!! Pulling the battery seems to help for a little while although obviously this isn't a permanent fix!!

Cant say that I've ever noticed with general browsing but Play Store downloads can be very iffy at the best of times.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that their Internet has slowed since the lollipop update? A web page sometimes takes me several minutes to load on chrome or the stock browser, my Internet connection is not the culprit as that's fine and it also happens when connected to wifi! Also all of a sudden my phone (s5) has become very laggy, just this morning I clicked on the messaging app and waited nearly 30 seconds for it to happen, this has started to happen more and more, when I first did the update I cleared the cache partition and did a factory reset.

If the messaging app takes 30 seconds to load, then something is majorly wrong with the phone. Was it working fine on KitKat?

bradzz27

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Your right about that. My s5 is all ****ed up with the 5.1 update. I got worst. The samsung company should create a solution about this problem. Sometimes, i like to throw my phone because of the laggs and other ****. And it even consume more of my ram... deffinetly going to downgrade or root my phone. I done with this lollipop os.!!!!

MrsSmall

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Dakshay95 Yes it was working absolutely fine on kit kat, there is nothing wrong with my handset. My mother in laws s5 has been doing the exact same thing since the update. It's not all the time, maybe every couple of days or so and a battery pull / restart seems to solve the problem, for a while at least.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Dakshay95 Yes it was working absolutely fine on kit kat, there is nothing wrong with my handset. My mother in laws s5 has been doing the exact same thing since the update. It's not all the time, maybe every couple of days or so and a battery pull / restart seems to solve the problem, for a while at least.

Oh, that's sad... I suggest both of you to downgrade to KitKat or get a Lollipop based Custom ROM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo