I've used Android Device Manager successfully on other phones, but I'm having a problem with this Alcatel Onetouch, which runs Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
    On a laptop separate from the phone, I sign in to the Google account, go to the ADM site and the phone shows up properly. I can even use the Ring button with results. But when hit the location icon in the upper right, I get:
    "Android Device Manager location access is turned off."

I have
    Settings > Location > Mode > High Accuracy
    Settings > Location > Location Services > Google Location HIstory > the first section below the e-address name of the Google account On and the box on the right is checked
    Alcatel one touch 4037T Location last reported [today's date]

In "Settings" > "Security" > "Device Administrators" - I have the box checked to allow "Android Device Manager". The other boxes for two other apps are not checked.

So, assuming the error message is correct, how do I turn ADM location acces?

There's a contradiction here. The error says ADM location access is turned off, yet under location services (is "access" something else?) and the switch on location is turned on. So what am I missing? What do I need to turn on?

(I use ADM to track my wife when she rides a scooter. I figure if she wrecks and the phone is undamaged, I can find the scooter, etc.)
    06-23-2015 05:02 AM
    Application Drawer (what you get by press&hold the bunch of rectangles icon) > Google Settings > Security > Check the box right of Remotely locate this device
    That did it.
    06-28-2015 07:02 PM