I am having a problem with my e-mail provider after updating to Lollipop, is there a fix for this?

A

AC Question

Problem with e-mail provider after updating to lollopop

Before the upgrade from Kit Kat to Lollipop I had no problem with my blueyonder e-mail provider.
Since the upgrade I keep on getting old e-mails from 2014 every day and it is a right pain to have to keep deleting them.
Can anyone suggest a fix for this.

Regards Alan.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Problem with e-mail provider after updating to lollopop

What email app are you using?
Is this account POP3 or IMAP service?
In your email app settings, is there an option to keep a certain number of emails or for a number of days of email to keep on the phone?

Setting a fairly low number of emails or a number of days to keep might put a stop to the repeated downloads. Then again, it might keep downloading the same few emails over and over. Is it downloading the same emails repeatedly or different ones each time?

Some email apps will let you set a number of emails, a few, such as Maildroid, can set a number of days to keep. My favorite email client AquaMail, will set a number of emails or a number of days, your choice.

Of course, if you don't need all that old email, you could delete a bunch of it.

alan2273

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with e-mail provider after updating to lollopop

It is a POP3 account.
I have just been on to the Virgin Media account and seen there sere over 3000 e-mails held on there server going back to February 2014, so I have deleted the lot to see if that makes any difference.
Deleting all those e-mails solved the problem.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech