Everything is backwards...

jwilichowski

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded a game from the app store and I believe it had a little extra with it. Shortly after, my phone decided to flip everything. To press on an icon on one side of the screen, I have to press the opposite side...(press left to hit right, press right to hit left) All text is backwards and to read, I actually have to hold it to a mirror which is not fun.

I did a factory reset thinking this might resolve it and it failed....even the reset menu was backwards. I just downloaded Android SDK to see if there was something in the codes that I might recognize with no luck.

It is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Style with 4.3 Jelly Bean.

And just so you know, throwing it doesn't help....I tried.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This probably won't help, but go to Settings>Developer Options, and make sure Force RTL Layout isn't turned on. The reason why I think this won't help is that Force RTL (Right-To-Left) should just change the alignment of text and buttons on the right instead of the left, and not actually cause the screen to look like a mirror image.

jwilichowski

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
That was actually the first option I looked for. Apparently my phone does not have this option. I was hoping that in SDK I would find something to do that externally but I couldn't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you mean that Force RTL is not in your Developer Options, and not that you don't have Developer Options, correct? That is to say, you know how to activate Developer Options, right?

jwilichowski

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I did the reset from recovery mode. I contacted Samsung and they tried to get me to do the same thing. It was all they would do since the provider I have isn't' on their list of companies they work with. I was told to contact my service provider...but I would rather throw my phone in the river if it came to that. That is when you realize you need to work with another provider.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I did the reset from recovery mode. I contacted Samsung and they tried to get me to do the same thing. It was all they would do since the provider I have isn't' on their list of companies they work with. I was told to contact my service provider...but I would rather throw my phone in the river if it came to that. That is when you realize you need to work with another provider.

That's not good then. If even the recovery menu is backwards there's no much you can do. Check if you can flash the stock rom back in your phone. Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

jwilichowski

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
The game was Racing Rivals. But it's my best assumption of how something may have gotten on the device as it was the last app added.

I have been focused more on trying to salvage the device to even think of contacting them. I feel it's a chance I take every time I download anything so I'm not really upset with the developer....more myself.

I will be trying to flash the ROM tonight and see what kind of damage I can do. If that fails then I may find myself a shovel and bury the device.

jwilichowski

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Well....I'm sad to say that the device is no longer with us. She died while downloading new ROM and never came back up. She has been put up for use as a parts phone.

Thanks everybody for your help. Learned a lot.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. You tried everything so don't feel guilty. Remember the good moments you shared together and try to move on :)

See you around the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835