AT&T Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.1.1 update, when am I getting it?

Carlymac

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
AT&T Galaxy s5 lollipop 5.1.1 update

I have checked for update through settings and it tells me that the software is up to date and to check aging in 24 hrs. I have done this for a few days now and still the same.
Model number: Samsung-SM-G9ooA
Software version 4.4.4
Baseband version G900AUCU2A0A2
Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy s5 lollipop 5.1.1 update

Welcome to Android Central! Just to confirm--this is a phone that you got directly from AT&T, and you're currently on the AT&T network, right? I ask because if you're using an AT&T phone on a different network, or a phone originally from a different network on AT&T, then you won't get the update, since the phone has to be on its native network to get the proper firmware pushed to it.

The other thing is that updates can take several weeks to roll out, depending on how many phones are out there. So you may just have to wait a little longer.

Carlymac

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

It is an original AT&T phone. I wasn't aware that android software updates took longer to receive. I am new to android. I was on IOS for years and updates were a lot faster. So I will be patient and wait my turn:)
Any idea how many weeks? Estimate?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Staged rollouts of updates help to decrease the load on the servers. How long it takes for everyone to receive the update can depend on how popular the device is and which carrier you have (for example, Verizon has been notorious for fairly slow rollouts). Sometimes, bugs that become apparent in the update soon after release can cause the carrier to suspend the rollout for a period of time until it's fixed. I'd say on average that it can take up to a month for a rollout to finish, but that's just my guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae