Android 5.1.1 update left phone in reboot, how do I get out of this cycle?

KatJames

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Android 5.1.1 update left phone in reboot

I've had my Galaxy S6 for about a month now and today I got a notification saying 'software update available' (the 5.1.1 update) I managed to download the update and install without any major problems, however, since installing the update I've not been able to get back onto my phone, it seems to be stuck in continual reboot mode, by which I mean going through the SAMSUNG and powered by android screen for the past 5 hours

Any body know how to get out of this cycle?

Last edited:

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.1.1 update left phone in reboot

I've had my Galaxy S6 for about a month now and today I got a notification saying 'software update available' (the 5.1.1 update) I managed to download the update and install without any major problems, however, since installing the update I've not been able to get back onto my phone, it seems to be stuck in continual reboot mode, by which I mean going through the SAMSUNG and powered by android screen for the past 5 hours

Any body know how to get out of this cycle?

Turn the phone off.
Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.

A word of caution make sure automatic restore is set. Settings-backup and reset-automatic restore has a check mark in the box. If you don't do this you'll have to re-install all of your apps..

KatJames

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 5.1.1 update left phone in reboot

Thanks, this sorted it out straight away! Back to normal and the update is installed and working.