Been hearing a lot about this Nexus thing. However I can't help but think its release so close to the Droid's makes it a bit of its natural enemy..rather than focusing on the iphone as an enemy. Thoughts?
    01-16-2010 02:57 PM
    lol hahaha u are funny man. seriously tho, no.
    01-16-2010 03:11 PM
    Maybe if it were on a better network, but T-Mo, I don't think so. :rolleyes:
    01-16-2010 03:13 PM
    the nexus is a hype phone. 3 g doesnt even work. its a fluff phone. just like the iphone. cant compare a mans phone to a kids phone. if we get the same os as a nexus, we arent really an enemy are we?
    01-16-2010 03:15 PM
    Lol , lets be real here , the nexus one is a sick phone , on a ****ty network , same as the iphone , the iphone is a bad *** phone , with a ****ty network , once phones are no longer allowed to be exclusive to one carrier , verizon will rule the world.
    01-16-2010 03:19 PM
    From a market share point of view, it could be viewed as competition, but not as an enemy. All it does is spread out the Android vs. Apple market a little more, which would be the goal. Seems like a friendly ally with some rivalry at the most.
    01-16-2010 03:20 PM
    Why would you think any other phone is an enemy unless you had stock or were employed buy a network or maker of a phone?
    01-16-2010 03:23 PM
    I'm employed by a Network and I don't consider any phone an 'enemy'. That might be just me though.
    01-16-2010 03:37 PM
    i'm kinda over the whole this phone vs that phone dealio. I've said this before, but these are just electronic devices. While they bring us great pleasure and are awesome, they really aren't status symbols of any kind, so let the competition live and everyone will benefit in the long run.
    01-16-2010 04:00 PM
    the nexus is a hype phone. 3 g doesnt even work. its a fluff phone. just like the iphone. cant compare a mans phone to a kids phone. if we get the same os as a nexus, we arent really an enemy are we?

I agree once we get 2.1 then I agree Droid is better than the nexus, but I think that just makes the fight more fair, lol
    01-16-2010 06:09 PM
    the more android phones they can get into people's hands the better it is for all of us. larger market share means more incentive for developers to create for it.

plus, i change phones so often it's hard (and pointless, but that's another topic all together) for me to be attached to any phone. i really like my droid, but once something thinner, faster and "better" comes out on verizon, i'll probably switch again.

so, i welcome our nexus one toting members with open arms
    01-16-2010 06:18 PM
    Really the Droid being better than the nexus one other than the hard keyboard I think the nexus one is better thinner better processor. And don't get me going on tgw fact that were supposed to have the. Better gpu though I can't get anywhere near the 30.4 that the nexus put up. I love the Droid but lets be honest and trying to make the Droid better than it is
    01-16-2010 06:28 PM
    I don't see it as an enemy at all..

More like a teammate on the Android team.
    01-16-2010 06:30 PM
    Well with VZW getting the Droid I can understand T-Mo (who brought us the first Android) getting a great 2.1 phone, but even Engadget said it wasn't all that superior to the Droid with the Droid getting 2.1 soon. A faster processor doesn't equal a better phone. With that said, I really don't see getting a new phone on Big Red until the new 4G network has expanded enough to warrant manufacturers producing 4G ready Android devices.
    01-16-2010 07:00 PM
    Threads such as this are so over rated. Steve Wozniak said it best:

I try mainly to make good comments but I'm honest about flaws too. I don't get into arguments trying to claim that there are objective reasons that make one person's phone better than another's. It's subjective. You can't win such arguments, only have a stressful life doing so.
    This can also relate to carriers. Just my 2 cents.
    01-16-2010 10:28 PM
    Threads such as this are so over rated. Steve Wozniak said it best:

This can also relate to carriers. Just my 2 cents.

Saw that earlier today. Definitely rings true.
    01-16-2010 11:05 PM
    in the short run, i'm more envious of the n1's 512mb of memory more than the processor...
    01-16-2010 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD