How do I turn off those annoying email notification dings?

f954l

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 email accounts and have tried to figure it out on my own and with google search help and I can't figure it out, I want to turn those sounds off but keep phone ring and text dings.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums!

Which email app are you using? In Gmail go to settings - tap on the account - uncheck the notifications box. Also, you can manage the notifications for each label/folder individually. To do this tap on the "manage labels" option in the same settings screen.

If you want to keep the notifications and just remove the sound you can select "none" after taping on the sound option. In this case remember to keep the notifications box checked. The same applies for your different accounts and labels.

f954l

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Can't you just do it from android? I can't find what you say, I have 5.1 if I do click on something to change it asks me what program i want to open it with I also use hotmail and yahoo mail and can't do it for any I guess Im stuck with the pixie dust sound every time i get an email

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if I completely understand you. Those steps are for the Gmail app not for the Web version. You should be able to follow them without problems in your phone. A couple of questions.

How many email apps are you using? You could try setting all your email accounts together in just one app. It would simplify things a lot.

When are where do you get that question about what app to open?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Assuming they use the default notification tone, I always set that to silent or none. Then I add tones for the apps I want to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz