Lock screen dialer shortcut gone in 6.0

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So the old Lollipop lock screen (Nexus) had a phone shortcut on the left and the camera shortcut on the right.

In 6.0 the phone shortcut is replaced by a voice assist shortcut. I can't see a way to regain the phone dialer shortcut. Anyone know if this is possible via a setting?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

jfb336

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps>Gear Icon> Default Apps>Assist & voice input>Assist app. Changing that to None instead of Google App puts the dialer shortcut back on the lock screen, but it also disables long pressing the home button to launch the Google App/Now.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps>Gear Icon> Default Apps>Assist & voice input>Assist app. Changing that to None instead of Google App puts the dialer shortcut back on the lock screen, but it also disables long pressing the home button to launch the Google App/Now.
I presume it kills long press to Now on Tap as well?

Edit: Yeah it killed it...

One step forward, two steps back... Thanks for nothing Google. Fix this. People still make phone calls...

koijan

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
But it doesn't support other language that well... and if I want to make a call using voice assist, I would rather say 'Ok Google' to bring up it than light up screen/pick up the phone > swipe from the left....bad idea, Google has to fix this.

Norman Daniel

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here, I want to follow this post in case something new comes up, but the follow button is not working.
Just replying in case this works as follow too.
Thanks for the solution!!!

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted, the Lockscreen Tweaks section of the Xposed module GravityBox has the option to change the bottom-left action to Phone.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Marshmallow update lets you put any apps of your choice on the lock screen.
You can also choose to not have any on your lock screen.

Attachments

• 1460775782371.jpg
    1460775782371.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 1460775823481.jpg
    1460775823481.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 14

Nick Surden

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Marshmallow update lets you put any apps of your choice on the lock screen.
You can also choose to not have any on your lock screen.

How do you do that on the note 5. The update never changed my dialer icon. It's still on my lock screen. I can't figure out how to change it

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
In settings, go to lock screen and security, info and app shortcuts and app shortcuts.
I'm on Verizon so it may be different on other carriers.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
How do you do that on the note 5. The update never changed my dialer icon. It's still on my lock screen. I can't figure out how to change it

It's either settings > Display
or Settings > Lock Screen

And it should let you choose apps on lock screen also some carriers remove this feature...idk why

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
So the old Lollipop lock screen (Nexus) had a phone shortcut on the left and the camera shortcut on the right.

In 6.0 the phone shortcut is replaced by a voice assist shortcut. I can't see a way to regain the phone dialer shortcut. Anyone know if this is possible via a setting?

Did you get it back?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20