How does Marshmallow perform with only 1GB RAM ?

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My card isn't fast enough so, no, I use external storage.

I hear that's the best option anyway, however.

yes I'm reading here and there that Marshmallow takes anywhere from a slight to a significant performance hit when using any SD card as "internal storage", depends on the device though, top-of-the-line, flagship devices + expensive ultra fast SD cards won't cause issues, but most of us wanting to use that feature own devices with 16 or 8 GB of internal storage and generally with a hardware that isn't state-of-the-art regarding SD card transfer and write speeds, it's a nice idea though for future Android versions when hardware comes down in price and every device can afford ultra-fast access to SD cards.

sacrdandprofne

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
yes I'm reading here and there that Marshmallow takes anywhere from a slight to a significant performance hit when using any SD card as "internal storage", depends on the device though, top-of-the-line, flagship devices + expensive ultra fast SD cards won't cause issues, but most of us wanting to use that feature own devices with 16 or 8 GB of internal storage and generally with a hardware that isn't state-of-the-art regarding SD card transfer and write speeds, it's a nice idea though for future Android versions when hardware comes down in price and every device can afford ultra-fast access to SD cards.
True.

With only 1G RAM I can safely say, from personal experience, there is no performance issues.

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I ended up writing my personal experience with 6.0 on different MotoG3 devices since there's no a lot of feedback around, thanks for the replies anyway good sir.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia