Error while trying to do update [S4 mini]

Francezu2015

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys. I have an s4 mini, model GT-I9195 with android Kitkat 4.4.4, and I want to install cyanogenmod 12 with android 5.1. When I try to install some custom recovery like twrp or Cwm with Odin, I get an error message like: "could not do normal boot". I ve try to root my phone but I have same result. Have someone idea what can I do? I ve tried all known possibilities but every time have same negative result. It s possible to make some boot unlocker?

Posted via the Android Central App

SnowyRa1n

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I used to have an S4 Mini (sch-i435). I just recently deleted the tutorial I used to flash a ROM using Odin from my bookmarks, but I'll see if I can find it. However, I would bear in mind the reason that there was no official 5.0 release for it was because it failed due to hardware limitations.

SnowyRa1n

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
ibtimes.co.uk/how-install-android-5-0-2-lollipop-galaxy-s4-mini-i9195-i9190-aicp-rom-1484046. Also, in an edit to my above post, I'm reading conflicting things about official 5.0 availability for the S4 mini, I just know I never got it and I read at least once it didn't meet the hardware requirements.

Also, I'm not certain an S4 Mini with 5.0 can be rooted (I've read a million lists of what phones can and cannot be rooted after 5.0 upgrade, not certain if the S4 mini was on any but as I'm unsure of how widespread an OTA update was if it actually occurred, your guess is as good as mine)

Francezu2015

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your answer, but I think u don't understand me. My problems is that I can t install a custom recovery on my phone like twrp or Cwm cause I get an error message. I Don t understand why and I try to find a solution for this problem. That error message is: Could not do normal boot. And it s stuck in Odin mode. Can someone give me a solution for this? I tried with Odin or with flashify but it doesn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App

SnowyRa1n

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully this will shine some light on the issue for you

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-rooting-roms-hacks/438597-could-not-do-normal-boot-odin-mode-error-need-help.html