Broken apps in N

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's some additional info regrading Poweramp:

I determined that the error pops only when Poweramp is being loaded into memory. So, after the first pop, I can re-open Poweramp repeatedly without getting the error. But, if I go to Recent Apps and swipe away Poweramp (to "close" it completely), or, if the OS has removed it from memory (as seems to happen overnight, for example) the very next time I open it I get the error again.

The error message self-closes after a few seconds and then everything seems normal.

Screenshot_20160602-210539.jpg

PS: This is with the unlocked version of Poweramp.

PPS: Biagio Antonacci rocks!

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I get the same error message every time I open News 360. I've been assuming that it has something to do with the libraries not being updated along with, well, whatever-does-get-changed-in-the-firmware from preview version to preview version--like the app is calling libraries that were available in Marshmallow but that are no longer in the same state in the preview builds. News 360 still works, though. It's not a fatal error.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows what's this?

Posted via the Android Central App

I get a number of "[app] has stopped" errors but they are inconsistent and an app that errors out one moment may be fine the next.

Question: You appear to be in Google Maps but the app that errored out is named "TV" - was that something that was running in the background?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else seen a "Google Play Services has stopped" error message?

One caught me by surprise this morning and I hit Restart App automatically so I can't document it. No drama ensued. It's just not the kind of app I want to see failing.

Far as I know, I'm on the latest version of the app, 9.0.83.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My recent force closes are Hangouts, Ingress, AC. But Hangouts is the worse. Hoping Allo will beta soon. Messenger won't even act as default anymore. Odd.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I get a number of "[app] has stopped" errors but they are inconsistent and an app that errors out one moment may be fine the next.

Question: You appear to be in Google Maps but the app that errored out is named "TV" - was that something that was running in the background?

No I wasn't running another app in the background. This pops up once in a while.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
My Vodafone app for UK folks, is goosed, and trying to get them to fix it is nigh on impossible. Their latest reply is to contact their tech support call centre. I've yet to call :(

akwarner

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using apps purchased from the Amazon App store? I tried the first Nougat DP and no Amazon apps worked. Has that changed?

A.

Last edited:

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
June release has started acting a little buggy today. Hangouts froze earlier today and the phone froze a few times. Restarted and better now.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if OneDrive isn't updating because of the Chrome OS ability to run Android apps? Conspiracy theory for sure, but maybe.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae