Hi i am just fed up with slow speed of my phone as its 1.2 quad core processor and 512 RAM is not enough for 5.1(lollipop) so whats the solution please tell me
    04-13-2016 04:25 AM
    Head over to XDA Developers and learn to root. There is no down grade. Before that tho you should probably try factory resetting the device. Usually this will solve any bug or speed issues associated with OS upgrades.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2016 06:38 AM
    Hi and thanks for stopping by!

If you decide to Root, be sure to do MUCH homework on the pro/cons! This is not a process for just an average joe. Be sure also to backup your device, before undertaking a OS change, or Root.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-13-2016 07:27 AM
    Rooting won't change the version of Android. And it won't speed up the phone.

Depending on the phone it's anywhere from boring to difficult, but you need to back up everything of importance on the phone (you'll lose it all), then flash the 4.4.2 ROM for that phone and restore everything you've backed up. (I'm on a Note 3 that's been on everything available, including a Note 4 port, and I've been back on 4.4.2 for months. It does everything I need and it's stable. [It's also rooted but with most phones, rooting before flashing a ROM is like sweeping the floor before you get a haircut. The new ROM will either be rooted or not, and that's what you get. Unlike SIM-unlocking, rooting goes with the ROM. If you flash an unrooted ROM, you have an unrooted phone.])
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-13-2016 09:11 AM
    Rooting won't change the version of Android. And it won't speed up the phone.

Depending on the phone it's anywhere from boring to difficult, but you need to back up everything of importance on the phone (you'll lose it all), then flash the 4.4.2 ROM for that phone and restore everything you've backed up. (I'm on a Note 3 that's been on everything available, including a Note 4 port, and I've been back on 4.4.2 for months. It does everything I need and it's stable. [It's also rooted but with most phones, rooting before flashing a ROM is like sweeping the floor before you get a haircut. The new ROM will either be rooted or not, and that's what you get. Unlike SIM-unlocking, rooting goes with the ROM. If you flash an unrooted ROM, you have an unrooted phone.])
    With root you can install any version of Android that's been ROM'd for it. So that would mean changing the Android version. And with root you can get rid of junk, which usually results in a faster phone and if that's not enough you can over clock the processor which will deff speed up the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-14-2016 08:30 AM