Stable enough yet for a daily?

CrimsonRonin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
As the title says really, is the latest update stable enough for a daily on a Nexus 6?

What are the main issues atm, how's batterylife etc?

jeddo45

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
In short: no. Is it that bad if you decide to make the jump? No it really isn't too bad.

I have a Google Play unlocked Nexus 6. Some of the common bugs are:

Unsuccessful calls (no sound at all. I can't hear them, they can't hear me.)

Confirmation messages are totally messed up. (i.e if I want to empty my trash in Gmail mobile, the confirmation message where I hit I would hit yes doesn't show.)

Apps randomly crash (a few to name: Google photos, all Mobile Nations Apps, Nova Launcher...)

Multi-window is still wonky

Bluetooth issues

Sluggish performance at times

Auto-rotate sometimes takes forever to rotate the screen

Those are just a few I could name and I could remember. One thing that is going to keep me on this preview: dark mode across the OS. It's awesome and I love it.

Hope this helps and anyone else is welcome to chime in as well.

Posted with the Nexus 6, Nexus 5, or Surface Pro 3

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it without problems, the app for this place will close and ask for a restart.

I can't attach photos via WhatsApp so I have to chose the photo and share visit WhatsApp, it also won't attach screenshots.

No call issues

No photo issues in Google photos.

No Bluetooth issues, my in car kit works and my Pebble Time Steel connects

Posted via the Android Central App

xKersanx

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm using it as my daily and only real issues i have is when the sim card won't read(never had that happen with Marshmallow) but other than that it's been real smooth for me on my N6

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a few crashes. Had to reboot a few times. Facebook app and camera app has been crashing a lot. Really loving the new features. Multiscreen has been great.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't really anticipate too many problems here. I ran the iOS public beta since day one and never had any issues.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So some things I've noticed on my Nexus 6...

Bluetooth doesn't work, so I have to sync my Fitbit to my iMac. Ain't nothing but a thing.
The Navy Federal Credit Union app as well as the American Express app do not work. Yes, that's right, daddy has an American Express.
Battery life isn't all that great so far, but it's only been a day.
Things I love:
The notifications are drastically better.
I love the dark mode and night mode, but they don't seem to work all that well, unless daddy ain't doing something right. I know, it happens from time to time.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I loaded up Android N on my 6P a couple days ago, since my Note 5 got MM finally and I'm using that as my daily right now.

I haven't noticed any glaring issues with this latest build. Sure, expect some app crashes every now and then, but everything else seems to work like it should. I was surprised by how stable and smooth everything is actually. Plus, all the new features and tweaks are awesome.

jeddo45

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
In the 3 days or so, a lot of the bugs I mentioned seemed to be ironed out. I could see confirmation boxes again, multi-window is a lot better, and apps don't crash as often.

Posted with the Nexus 6, Nexus 5, or Surface Pro 3

zimr

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm also really looking forward to the release becoming stable enough to go daily. its good but some things just would not fly in their current state

CrimsonRonin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys.

If I installed this dev preview, when Android N finally does go mainstream I'll be able to upgrade to that with no hiccups right?

I'm really looking to not loose anything on my device.

CrimsonRonin

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've installed Android N on my Nexus 6 - so far it's been really good!

Only been around 22 hours so no idea of batterylife, as I work in an office so have it charging frequently anyway (USB to PC).

No force closes or crashes, not noticed anything too janky.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys.

If I installed this dev preview, when Android N finally does go mainstream I'll be able to upgrade to that with no hiccups right?

I'm really looking to not loose anything on my device.
You could, but coming from past experience with software testing you'll probably want to start fresh when the release build comes out, just clear out all the junk and bugs from previous builds.

How's battery life on the N preview for everyone at the moment? Is it significantly worse or the same? I've got a Nexus 6P by the way.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting strange things suddenly today. For instance, I'm no longer given the option of setting a wallpaper as either lock screen, home screen, or both. And the new N style folders are no longer working correctly. The icons are lining up Marshmallow style for some reason.

malt1977

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been on it for a few weeks now on my 5x and have had no issues as yet. It's my work phone so gets heavy usage too.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I am using Beta Android N on a Nexus 6P ( Project Fi) so far no real issues.
  • Ok Google detection unreliable.. However this has always been unreliable on the Nexus 6P
  • Google Play Music wont allow me to Preview . songs in the Play Music store.. ( I get a red exclamation point when trying to listen to a sample track.)

So far no issues with Blue tooth, or Wifi.. nothing really spectacular either.. the Multi window is nice, doubt I will use it a lot.. and so far Doze works as it always has

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674