Annoying trace lines on Samsung Tab A

Chris Clayton1

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
On our new Samsung Tab A which I have just bought for my wife something has switched on a feature which draws dotted trace lines on the screen, which disappear shortly afterwards (just as well). Also there is a coordinates bar at the top of the screen. I have been trying to turn the feature off, it is just annoying. What is more annoying, I cannot find how to turn it off. I have searched Settings over and over, plus the pdf manual, which is useless as usual.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this annoyance please?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have developer options on? It sounds like you have touches showing somehow.

Go into settings, about device, and tap on the build number until you get the message "you are now a developer." Now you have the dev options open.

Go back to the main settings page, navigate to developer options, and check to see if toggling "show touches" fixes it for you.

Chris Clayton1

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much. Your instructions were easy to follow. It was not "show touches" but the next item "show pointer location" which switched the annoyance off --- it had been like constantly looking at a crooked picture so I am relieved to be rid of it.