BBM can't receive image file on Android N beta

JBoen

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi anyone experiencing trouble sending image file to those Android N device? Message appears on sender "Receiver could not save file", and on the receiver it only gives you a dot, like empty message. Tried reinstalling BBM, setting permission, phone restart, none solves.

Thanks.

crackjeffrey

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
This should be reported to both Google and blackberry. You're on a beta program that is acting up. Its the only issue i have encountered with Nougat myself. I'm running a Nexus 6P

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Presumably this is because BlackBerry doesn't support Nougat developer previews, and rightly so. It probably doesn't consider pre-release software to be secure.

milfou

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Presumably this is because BlackBerry doesn't support Nougat developer previews, and rightly so. It probably doesn't consider pre-release software to be secure.

Not a good reason. They had months to have their software compatible with latest version of OS. N launched today and guess what, BBM pictures are still broken. Shame on BlackBerry.

awl_bidness

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Using my Nexus 6p Android 7.0, I haven't attempted to use BBM to send images (.jpg). However, all attempts from other BBM users to send photos to me have failed. The error shows on my phone as something like "failed to write file". Hopefully BBM will address this soon.