How to allow apps like Moboplayer/KMPlayer to delete files?

Phoenixmgs

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Marshmallow seems to have some sorta security policy forbidding apps from deleting files. Moboplayer just states "delete failed" and KMPlayer says it can't delete files do to an Android security policy. This is pretty annoying because if I can use Moboplayer to delete video files then I really don't ever need to use the file manager.

Also, one other thing. Every time I connect my phone to my computer I have to allow the MTP connection for some stupid reason.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is a security 'feature' of Android, apps can only modify the contents of folders that they created. This prevents apps from going hog-wild and deleting your pictures or data from other apps.

As for the MTP connection, I believe the default is 'charge only', not sure there's a way to change that default.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
" This is a security 'feature' of Android, apps can only modify the contents of folders that they created. "

Some apps must be be able to get past these security settings somehow, because Poweramp has a setting that will let you to permanently delete sound and music files from your device running Marshmallow.
I like this feature because if I'm listening to a song and find something I don't like about the song, I can delete it from the device.
Also, file managers such as ES Explorer can delete files they didn't create.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I know it's a security thing but I want to know how to disable it. And I mainly need to delete video from my phone (after watching an episode of whatever) so poweramp doesn't really help there and I have jetaudio has my music player.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes