EMail forwarding from an other account, signature problem

Pate56

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Has anybody a solution for following problem: when I get a mail on account A and want to forward it using account B with it´s own signature, it does not work properly. Yes, I can forward the mail using account B ( where also the answer would come), but my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge , software 6.0.1, forwards the mail from account B using the signature of account A (the receving account of the original message).
Similiar problem: at several accounts a new mail of every possible account is using the signature of the standard account ( and not the signature of the chosen account)
Can anybody help? Can it be possibly corrected with a new upodate? I have the newest one now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The protocol calls for a properly-formatted signature to be dropped when an email is forwarded (and your app is set to add a signature to all outgoing emails - including forwarded ones).

In a desktop email program, to forward the signature, one usually highlights the entire message - including the signature - but it's sent as part of the email. The program's sig line is still added to the outgoing email (unless you turn it off for that one message).

Evidently the Samsung email program follows the protocol, at least as far as dropping a properly formatted (tear line, etc.) sig and adding the local one. You can't change how a protocol works, you can just try every email app available to see if one of them is incorrectly written (which it would be to do what you want).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital