Backup didn't backup my memos. Is there a way to get them back? Lost access to sons time capsule acc

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So I backed up my Samsung S7 edge and there is a memo app I use. It's a Samsung app. It had a lot of important passwords on it. And for some reason it didn't back these up. It has in the past.

Now I don't have access to my son's time capsule Google account. Google isn't recognizing my main email as a recovery email even though I know I set it up as one. Is there any way to recover my memos or does anyone know how I could get into my son's account or are the last 16 months of emails we've sent him lost forever.

I feel awful. Not sure if there's anyone at Google I can reach out to so that they can ask me questions about the emails or something. There's literally nothing else the account has done besides receive emails. And I want to be able to give it to my son when he turns 18.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
How frustrating! What were you using for backup? Was it a Samsung account backup, or were you relying on Google's backup system?

Have you already tried recovering that Google account using this? https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
Used Google backup system. It kept everything else in the backup except my memo data.

And I did try using that but without the password it asks me for the last one I remember, which for me is a total guess, then asks when I created the account which I do remember since I made it the month my son was born last year. Then asks me for another email. I give it my primary email, it sends me a code. I enter that and it says it can't verify I own the account. It doesn't ask me any other questions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same process as the other link I gave you, but try here as well: https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620?hl=en&ref_topic=3382297#ts=2402552

The problem with the Google backup option is that it's hard to know which non-Google apps use that service. Not all of them do, and they never advertise to you if they're using it or not. The only way I've ever been able to find out is by going to my Google account settings on the web and looking in my Dashboard (click on the Android section to see all of your devices, under which you'll see which apps are backed up).

This is why I avoid note-taking apps (or any other app where the data is important to me) that are from the manufacturer. I stick with native Google apps like Google Keep or Google Drive, since I know for sure that these documents will be synced automatically to my Google account in the cloud without fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon