Android settings keep resetting

Arjay12345

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I keep having a strange issue where it seems like my phone settings reset and I'm guided through all the screen tool tips of how to use the phone, recent apps layout, etc. My notifications, sounds reset too and I have to reconfigure them. I thought it may be due to an Android update, but can't be sure. Last time this happened was in Christmas Eve morning - anyone know if a patch was released then?

I'm using a HTC One M8 - could it be an update to that, and how could I know?

Or is it some other app that is forcing the reset? Any suspect apps people know of?

Hope you can help. Driving me crazy..

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen when you restart the phone or do a cold start? Or does it happen in the middle of using the phone?

Arjay12345

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't really tell... last time on Xmas eve I noticed in the morning. The phone was alive and on charge all night. Others times when I've paid less attention, I have only noticed as I've been using the phone.

On the Xmas eve time, I'm pretty sure I had some updates waiting that went through overnight. Is there a way to see a list of all the apps that were updated that night?

(My battery life seems to have got sluggish too)

Thanks

Arjay12345

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi B.

I have been monitoring the issue and it's still driving me crazy as even home screen widgets disappear and ask me to go through setup/welcomes again and again.

I think I may have spotted a pattern though. It seems like the phone does this thing when the battery dies of its own accord (I.e. it runs out of life rather than forced shut down/restart).

In a bid to make the phone more battery efficient, I also turned off a load of app from loading during startup (by using the All In One Toolbox app). Is there an app or process I have accidentally turned off which is causing the issue?

My ideal thing would been to have something like the Windows System Restore option which let's you select a restore point from the past and rewind the system config to that as at that date.

Thanks vm

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is unrooted, I doubt that the toolbox app could prevent a crucial system app/service from running.

I'm assuming the cache partition wipe didn't help. It might be time to do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar