Why Ads start to pop up just after hard reset my android Fierce XL?

Noulanet Wilnsoft

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys!
I was connected my phone to MoboMarket PC to backup my files and it has infected by popping up recurrent ads, draining my batt. It's annoyable. I hard reset the phone and just at wifi connection, the ads have showed up again before signing in on my google account. I rooted it and hard reset it without the sim and SD cards. The ads kept popping up just before signing in on my google account. I'd like, guys, to have your help with that issue in order to have the phone works normally again. Thank you!
My phone is an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL Metro PCS

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible that some malware installed to the system root, which doesn't go away after a factory reset. This kind of malware requires the firmware to be reinstalled (which usually requires rooting -- search the forums at XDA-Developers.com to see if it's possible).

In general, try to stick with well-established app sources like Google Play Store and Amazon. Some of these 3rd party sources may not be vetted well for malware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Flashlight apps seem to be associated more often with malware (probably because they're one of the more popular types of apps people search for, even though Android includes a flashlight toggle in its Quick Settings menu), so if you installed that one, it might be the culprit.

Noulanet Wilnsoft

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I didn't install these apps. This is why i disabled em, but I still have pop up ads and apps that are downloading by themselves even though I turn off the unknown sources.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If these apps always come back after a factory reset, then the only way to get rid of them may be to reinstall the firmware, as I mentioned previously.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513