2013 android tablet's volumn is too low

joang72

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I won my tablet in a contest, and for this technically challenged 72 year old senior, this older model was good to learn on. I use it mostly for ebook reading, but when I need to use the volume control; it is just plain too low. I tried a few apps to increase volume with no luck. Is there a universal headphone that would increase the volume? Thanks so much.
PS I am not hard of hearing..

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What tablet is it? That would certainly help us figure things out. And are you using headphones, and what type?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not familiar with that brand... but it could very well come with a somewhat lackluster external speaker. I would give a paid of headphones a shot. Those little speakers are usually there just to make noise, not sound well. ;) The sound quality AND volume you'll get from a pair of wired headphones will be far beyond even a device that has the best speakers on the market.

If you have a store like 5 Below, you can pick up a pair for as little as $5 to see if that helps at all.

joang72

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
is there a specific brand I should be looking for. No 5 Below here. I like Amazon. Am I just looking for a wired pair? there are many choices. thanks much !!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh... I am, by no stretch of the imagination, an expert on headphones of ANY kind, never mind inexpensive ones. I'll blow the Great Horn or Nerd-halla and call forth some of my fellow geeks to help.