diminished photo quality

Kevinaldy

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I seem to have lost image quality after syncing to my PC. I understand that the default setting is to not sync in HD; I changed that for the future. Anyway, my bigger concern now is that the photos in my phone seem to be largely diminished in quality too. Is there a way to restore them back to the original quality?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which carrier?
Which app are you using to sync with the computer?
Mac or Windows? What version?

Normally for syncing with the PC, I just connect the phone using the USB cable, drag and drop using Windows File Explorer. No quality loss since the master file is copied byte for byte.

Kevinaldy

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Blackberry DTEK60, Android 6.0 (Marshmellow), Rogers Network, Windows 10. I believe I synced using the basic Google syncing service over the cloud, whatever that's called, but not Google Drive. I wanted to use USB and drag and drop, but with Windows 10 I find it very frustrating.

Kevinaldy

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I think I've partially solved my problem... I seem to have deleted or reformatted my SD card. Doing so, I guess I'm only accessing the older photos via the cloud and therefore the lower quality versions of them. So now, I think I kind of know the problem, but don't know how/if I can fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63