Android 7.1.2 reboot loop on Nexus 5X

Ahmed Bekhit

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I am enrolled in the Android Beta Program. I received Nougat 7.1.2 (or 7.2.1 can't really remember) OTA two days ago and updated it and everything was going well. This morning, I was trying to make a call when everything went black and the phone tried to restart. It was never able to make it beyond the first "Google" screen. It keeps restarting every couple of seconds - minutes.

I wiped the cash in the recovery mood. Still no luck!

Any idea what is happening?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You could try a hard reset and if that doesn't fix it you can un-enroll from the beta program and that should roll you back to 7.1.1. I have encountered a couple of minor bugs on my 5X but nothing like what you've experienced.

sbtm25

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I have no fix but wanted to let you know it happened to me this morning, stuck in a constant boot loop ~5 min after a beta update. If it has affected enough people there might be a more official fix option.

Ahmed Bekhit

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
it got stuck in the bootloop two days after beta update to N 7.1.2. I read couple of articles back to Nov. 2015 that it is a hardware bug and has no fix. LG happened to replace/refund some cases.

The device has 2 year manufacturer warranty. LG advised me to contact customer support.

Aaron Watkins21

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Downloaded this update on Nexus 5X today, the normal release i'm not on beta, as soon as I updated it went into this loop, can't access my phone now, recovery mode doesn't work either, seems they've not fixed this bug before public release

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1