can you see notifications on the lock screen?

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
can you see notifications / gmail and others/ on the lock screen or have to get into the home screen to see if you have an email or other notifications?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you can. Try this: Go to Settings-> Notifications-> Lock screen. If the phone is set to anything but "Show all notifications" then chances are that is the cause of not being able to see them on your lock screen.

Last edited:

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I do have "show all notifications" marked,nothing else.Still I don't get anything on Lock screen.I hear notifications coming in but not visible and have to get to home screens to see what has arrived.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
See what's enabled under device administrators, maybe there's an app there blocking the lock screen notifications.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
See what's enabled under device administrators, maybe there's an app there blocking the lock screen notifications.
Good point, if you have an anti-virus or security app, it may be blocking the notifications from the lock screen. That would explain why my method didn't work, because anti-virus software would bypass the built-in settings app...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG V20 running 7.0,no anti vires installed.
Anything enabled as device administrator? Some special accounts or sharing files with some public institutions require extra privacy policies that could block your lock screen notifications.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have none of those installed,but I am happy to report that out of the blue I have started to see some of the notifications appear on the lock screen.I hope this is the start of the some improvements.I could not tell you what and how it happened.
But thanks for all your interest

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Good news then! Maybe it was just a temporary glitch or some conflict with an app that got updated from the Play Store. Keep us posted.

whosright

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
can you see notifications / gmail and others/ on the lock screen or have to get into the home screen to see if you have an email or other notifications?
I have verizon... Go to settings> Lockscreen & security> tap notifications on lookscreen> tap content on lockscreen> select show content... You can then select which apps you want notifications from & turn off ones you don't want. SIDE NOTE... If you turn on the "always on display" feature that shows time, date, etc when screen is off, it will show notification ICONS for weather, e-mails messages, etc... You can double tap a icon> enter pin# and it will open right to the e-mail or message etc... You DON'T even have to turn your screen on & select it... Love this feature.

bs2222

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Im having a similar issue. I can see notifications for everything except missed calls. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have show content for all apps in the locked screen notifications section that you mentioned above. Any ideas on what it could be?
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34