Why is Google Play Store not working with new Android 7.0 update?

A

AC Question

Since I updated to the new Android 7.0 last night my Play Store just opens a blank white screen. Can't update apps, can't download apps, and can't access anything since it just a white screen. Help!

Sanjeev Mishra1

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Not only that, but none of my Google apps are working correctly after this update! My Gmail won't sync, nor will my Calendar. The app store one is especially frustrating because I can't check for updates.

Hoping for a quick fix soon!!

Ashton Huff

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a solution, but only for Metro PCS. Go to settings, click more, go to cellular networks. Click access point names. Click the + button on the top right of the screen to add another access point. Change the name to whatever you like. Change APN to fast .metropcs .com (no spaces)
Scroll down to mmsc. Change that to https ://metropcs. mmsmvno .com/mms/wapenc (no spaces) . After that click the three dots on the top right of the screen. Click save, then when you get back to the access point names choose the one you just made. Let your 4g LTE signal refresh then Walla!!!! Downloads from play store are no longer stuck at downloading/ pending

Ashton Huff

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a working solution for all metro pcs customers. Go to settings, click more. Go to access point names. Make a new one. Click name make it whatever name you want. Change APN to fast .metropcs .com.
(no spaces). Scroll down to mmsc change that to https://metropcs .mmsmvno .com/mms/wapenc.
(No spaces)
Save the access point then select that access point to use. Then Walla!!!! No more play store downloading issues. Spread the word but give credit THANKS????????????

jackflyn

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Since I updated to the new Android 7.0 last night my Play Store just opens a blank white screen. Can't update apps, can't download apps, and can't access anything since it just a white screen. Help!

I experienced the same problem on my Galaxy Tab S2 todat after the update to 7.0. Both Play Store and Gmail stopped working. I solved it by booting into safe mode (turn device off, turn on holding vol Down), once there I was able to start Play Store the usual way. I then closed it and rebooted, both Play Store and Gmail are now working. Hope this helps.

auntieannie2

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I experienced the same problem on my Galaxy Tab S2 todat after the update to 7.0. Both Play Store and Gmail stopped working. I solved it by booting into safe mode (turn device off, turn on holding vol Down), once there I was able to start Play Store the usual way. I then closed it and rebooted, both Play Store and Gmail are now working. Hope this helps.

Worked on my android tab s2, thanks. Both play Store and Gmail work. ;)

DRFP

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and just upgraded to to Nougat last night I only have cell data no wifi and yep same playstore will not download on cellular data bug, took a few hours but clearing play store cache changing to 3g downloading app from store reboot then back to lte works. Don't understand the bug but its working now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo