Galaxy S8 auto opening notifications

John Glidden

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm in one app and get a notification from another app, it will automatically open the other app. For example, I will be in snapchat watching a video my friend sent me of his truck, and I will get a notification from groupme that someone posted in a group I'm in. About 1/2 second after this notification pops up, groupme will auto open as if I clicked on the notification. This also happens with messages (sms). How can I stop this? I hate when it auto-switches and I miss a snapchat or have to find where I was in that article on chrome.

RemiR305

Aug 14, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm in one app and get a notification from another app, it will automatically open the other app. For example, I will be in snapchat watching a video my friend sent me of his truck, and I will get a notification from groupme that someone posted in a group I'm in. About 1/2 second after this notification pops up, groupme will auto open as if I clicked on the notification. This also happens with messages (sms). How can I stop this? I hate when it auto-switches and I miss a snapchat or have to find where I was in that article on chrome.

This is extremely annoying! But I think I found an answer. Are you guys using a Gear watch?

Mercy 1

Jul 6, 2018
Visit site
Letting people use my S9+ and then an app randomly opens is not a great way to show the oh one off. Thanks so much!!

pablo909

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Opened this just for you... Thankyou so much. Annoying!! especially if someone is with you looking at a video or something and a WhatsApp comes up that you don't want anyone to see or you don't want to reply just yet 😉😂

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay