Any Reason Not To Upgrade from MM?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been quite pleased with my Motorola Z Play Droid that's​ still running the latest version of MM.

The Nougat update prompts me every morning to perform the upgrade, but I tell it to delay.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't upgrade? I don't want to break my stable phone nor do I want to have to perform a full factory reset if something goes wrong after an attempted upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nothing is for sure...well...other than taxes. There are millions of us running N with no ill effects, but there is risk with any update.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There's not much difference between mm and nougat on your phone..... the few minor differences you probably wouldn't even notice or use.

The pixels and other cutting edge flagships are the ones that get all the cool features like daydream VR, seamless updates etc because new hardware is required.

Plus why give current phones the good stuff.....then you won't beat down the doors for the latest and greatest =-O ;-)

All your going to get is multi-window, different notifications, a slightly different menu look, and a changed doze feature which most folks say hasn't did anything new for battery life.

Whenever you upgrade there's a good chance you'll need to do a full factory reset to get the phone working as good as it is now.

The main reason for nougat is to keep people interested in Android and buying phones.

Folks get bored quick and need something "new" to keep them excited and buying :-$

Eric Peterson8

May 4, 2017
Visit site
"The Nougat update prompts me every morning to perform the upgrade, but I tell it to delay."

I gave in to the nagging and it was a huge mistake. My battery drain went to 3x, with the phone in use or not. With safe mode on or not. With "ultra" power saving mode on or not. Just as bad after a factory reset and some major hassles from that. No change with "reset settings", "clear cache" or any other suggestions on any threads. On the bright side, my experience seems to be almost unique, only a few other people have the same complaint.

The symptoms are horrible battery drain, more or less 3X for whichever activity you do (including nothing at all) over marshmallow. Bad battery drain stops in airplane mode. Turning off LTE does not help, nor wifi, nor bluetooth, etc. Sprint store woman admitted she had the same problem with an old tablet and can do nothing about it.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Anyone know how I can cease the daily reminders to install the upgrade?

There are ways I have heard about but never tested myself so I'm a little reluctant to say what they are incase it damages your device in some way or even starts the update you didn't want haha. 😃 (no rooting)

If you are OK with that, I'll post one method below.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
There are ways I have heard about but never tested myself so I'm a little reluctant to say what they are incase it damages your device in some way or even starts the update you didn't want haha. 😃 (no rooting)

If you are OK with that, I'll post one method below.
Yes, please post, so I can decide whether or not to do it. Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante