Why is my battery life so horrible?

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
My At&t galaxy s7 (on android 6.0.1) has horrible battery life and standby life. I have seemingly tried everything and followed all the usual instructions, like turning on airplane mode (which seemed to work for standby time but I wouldn't get texts or notifacations so I hope it doesn't come to that), wiping system cash, and much much more, but i still struggle through every day with only around 15% by the end, while my dad does none of this in his s7 edge and ends up with 60% on a BAD day.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's always difficult to determine battery life as people use devices differently. Something as simple as Facebook can make a difference in battery life.

Can you post screenshots of your battery stats, please?

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I've been using my phone sence 9, and I've been using it more than usual (and I don't usually play as much pokemon go ;) ) but is is only 5:20 and I'm already at 5%. Normally I have it idle in my pocket at school and that drains mabey 10-15 percent of my battery because of cell standby over the corse of 6 hours

Attachments

• 7384.jpg
    7384.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 24

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Expand the "android system" and "android OS" entries to see what is in them.

How bad is the cellular reception where you are at? Your attached image suggests it is not good. If it drops into the "bad" range, the phone is going to use more power to reach a cell tower.

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
By expanding android system and android OS I can see that most of their drain is coming from the CPU (although I really don't know much about this subject). Is there any way to reduce this? Also is there any way to fix the cellular problem without just using airplane mode?

jefbeard911

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Pokemon GO is a battery killer.

I'd suggest you remove it for a day and see what your battery life is then. My guess is that this is the culprit.

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
No, today is the first day I have played it in a long time, and my battery has been like this every day, so it has to be something that is used every day. I just got an app that tracks battery usage, and so far it seems like the usage is coming from several diffrent things, but nothing that seems like it would use sooooo much power