Can't delete a File from device storage on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1

romeovf

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. No root.

I have a folder in the internal storage where I used to store images, but then one day, I found that there were two files that I can't delete.

Those two files are named after actual files that I used to have there. I can't rename them, and I can't replace them with other files with the same names.

If I use the Samsung stock gallery, the folder doesn't appear at all.

If I use the Samsung file manager, the folder appears as having 2 files, but when you enter, it is empty. If I try to delete the folder, it presents a "Delete error" message.

If I use QuickPic, I can see the folder with the two files in it, but they don't have thumbnails, just black squares. If I try to open them, QP says "Loading error". If I try to delete them, or delete the folder altogether, QP says they were successfully removed, but then I exit QP and enter again and the folder and the two files are still there.

If I use SD Maid Pro, they appear with these attributes: rw-rw---- in red font. (the other regular files appear with the same attributes but in green font). When I try to delete them, it happens the same as with QuickPic. It says success but you check again and they're still there.

I have even tried to delete, replace, rename, from my PC but with no success either.

It's nothing of life and death for me, but it's really annoying to see those two files.

Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like they're artifacts left over. I would do a system cache clear, that will clean out the old stuff and may get those also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad