Note 5 update

Michael Moore12

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
I updated my note 5 and that night I plugged it up to charge. I woke up and saw that it had the VR screen pulled up and the battery was drained down. I hit the clear button and noticed that the charge icon was not lit. Now the phone will not charge unless its powered down and that takes hours to get half charge. Not a charger problem, have 2 both work fine on my wife's phone. Verizon admitted its a software issue but said its not covered by warranty. Wth

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I updated my note 5 and that night I plugged it up to charge. I woke up and saw that it had the VR screen pulled up and the battery was drained down. I hit the clear button and noticed that the charge icon was not lit. Now the phone will not charge unless its powered down and that takes hours to get half charge. Not a charger problem, have 2 both work fine on my wife's phone. Verizon admitted its a software issue but said its not covered by warranty. Wth
That's what Verizon said?
That's why I never by phone's marketed (and thus locked) by phone networks. I prefer the "free" phones that you just pop your SIM into and get phoning with.

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Did you try a factory reset? Or did you try clearing the system cache?

Yeah I agree with you on that but in this order of a step doesn't do the trick:
1. Clearing of system Cache.
2. Clearing of Dumpstate/Logcat.
3. Factory reset.
4. Flash phone (reinstall OS).

Item #2 is done by dialling *#9900#
On dialling the last character (#), the menu will launch, then you select "Delete Dumpstate/Logcat" and tap "OK" then immediately restart the phone.
038d8f806d96514d3a6da9b5e79ef6f0.jpg

f99596592710b5e177d78081138674c0.jpg