Android 8.0 Oreo is here!

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So is the official build that the system image build that will eventually be available still the OPR6.170623.013 that you can install now via the beta program?

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Anyone found a recording of the livestream? Missed it and would like to watch it. Usually those things turn up on YouTube fairly quickly.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I still don't like the statue ¬¬
You're not the only one!

yawn....I see nothing new in Android, they just changed notifications AGAIN and made a few background changes.
As far as the 6P's concerned, I agree. But I s'pose I'm speaking out of turn since mine's still on DP4. I have yet to get the final OTA. Though I doubt that a 60MB update is gonna bring any discernible difference with it.

Anyone found a recording of the livestream? Missed it and would like to watch it. Usually those things turn up on YouTube fairly quickly.
It's really not worth searching for. All you get to see is a cutesy cartoon and the reveal of the statue.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6p here. if I get updated to Oreo am i correct to assume that I may notice changes in background processing but will not see any interface changes such as notification badges, Pip, and colored notifications...changes that seem to be launcher dependent since the Google launcher is static and not being updated.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't understand why if they added notification dots to the ambient display they didn't just bring full notification content to the ambient screen, the same way Motorola did years ago with the Moto X. The ability to scan notifications without pushing any buttons or fully lighting the display was really useful, not to mention battery saving. Dots that tell me what apps have notifications? Meh...

...I mean c'mon Google, do you actually use these devices?

JamesPatricia

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Latest Feature of Android Oreo are:

1) wer saving thanks to Android O
2) Earlier updates thanks to Project Treble
3) Apps and reboots are faster with Android O
4) Apps are better thanks to Google Play Protect and tougher enforcement of criteria
5) Wi-Fi Aware (also known as Neighbor Awareness Networking or NAN)
6) Autofill revolutionizes password management
7) Bootloop prevention with Rescue Party

I think for Android App Development, new version of android help alot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs