Why Do My Apps Keep Crashing? Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace

Adze1995

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
I've had a Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace for nearly two years now, but for the last few weeks, more and more of my apps have started to crash. I can't use Gmail, I can't use Twitter, a bunch of my other apps crash the moment I try to launch them. There doesn't seem to be any specific cause either. I just basically need to load them up and they immediately stop. I've tried reporting each one but I've had no replies from anyone.

Affected apps (as far as I know):

Gmail, Google Services, Play Store, Settings, Google+, Google Newsstand, Twitter, Facebook Lite, Ultimate Guitar Tabs, etc.

I've run a few antivirus scans (funnily enough, Norton Antivirus kept crashing and AVG barely worked.) I eventually managed to scan my phone and found no viruses. I recently did a factory reset and my apps are STILL crashing, and I have no idea why! I made sure all of them are up to date, I clear their cache regularly, I honestly have no idea what could be causing this.

Extra note, my device storage has over 1GB free space now but my memory card is pretty full EDIT: I cleared the space on my memory card and the apps still don't work. My apps aren't on my card though. Could that be affecting it in any way? I cleared the cache on absolutely everything in my storage, and that didn't work either.

A friend recommended that I "take it to a Samsung store and get them to reinstall the software." Is that a thing I can do? I factory reset it. Is that what she meant?

If anyone knows anything that I can do, please get back to me, my phone is barely usable at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

UPDATE: My home screen crashed. So this really is a problem with my phone, not the apps.

Screenshot_2017-09-13-05-19-42.png

Last edited:

Ayaka Bacon

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site
Same I have the same problem but with different apps: You tube, escape 100 rooms,Piel arts, 1 mobile market. It is the first time it has ever did this to me what should i do.

I will try and speak with Samsung.

Last edited: