**Solved** Will I receive SMS(text messages) if my phone isn't set up? (factory reset + 24hr FRP)

RichardBollzy

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
This was originally a long post asking about FRP but I found a post on this site that answered most of the questions.

I am currently waiting my 24hr waiting period on my Samsung Galaxy XCover 4(Nougat) after factory reset + forget password (Google) + reset password.

My question is:
After I REgain access to my phone (hopefully tomorrow), will the text messages that are being sent me during this wait period show up?
I have had the phone for 6 months and have factory reset it before many times but this time I forgot my password. I have service too. Phone works. Just locked out is all. Hoping I receive all of the texts that are currently being to me once my phone is back up and running.
Thank you for any insight.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will I receive SMS(text messages) if my phone isn't set up? (factory reset + 24hr FRP)

Welcome to Android Central! I think the messages will get delivered en masse once the phone connects to the network again. You could probably contact your carrier and ask them -- they would hopefully know.

RichardBollzy

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: Will I receive SMS(text messages) if my phone isn't set up? (factory reset + 24hr FRP)

Thanks for the reply.

I waited about 27 hours just be "sure". I say that in quotes because I wasn't sure if the timer is reset from your last factory reset or your last failed attempt at logging in with newly changed Google password. I had changed the password a few times that day which probably reset the timer. But then I just factory reset it a few times afterwards without actually attempting the Google account login. So for all I know, I could have gotten in a few hours earlier yesterday but just to be sure, I tried to wait 24hrs from the POINT THAT I TURNED THE PHONE OFF AND LEFT IT ALONE COMPLETELY LOL!!

Suffice to say, all is well. I got it working last night.

Also, once I got into my phone Home screen for the first time since the factory reset/24hr wait period, I instantly received a bunch of text messages and missed calls that must have been sent to me during the downtime.

Hope this thread helps others instead of just being a "help me help me" thread with no follow up.

Thanks again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the followup! Can you clarify -- are you saying that the text messages that were sent to you during the 24 hour waitiing period did in fact get saved up and sent to you en masse?

RichardBollzy

Dec 24, 2017
Visit site
are you saying that the text messages that were sent to you during the 24 hour waitiing period did in fact get saved up and sent to you en masse?

Yes. I even asked some of the people whose texts showed up the moment I was able to get to my Home screen when they sent the texts. They were sent during the 24hr lockout.

Each text had the exact same time sent. (the time that I was able to enter my phone)
Example:
I got into my phone at 8:48pm. Each text that appeared showed 8:48pm. Makes sense.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Each text had the exact same time sent. (the time that I was able to enter my phone)
Example:
I got into my phone at 8:48pm. Each text that appeared showed 8:48pm. Makes sense.

That would be the time the message was received by the phone. There is also the actual time sent, but not all SMS apps will show you that.