I can't go into sfe safe mode!!! Please help me

Iqtidar Vlogs

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Please help me. So recently I've been having this screen overlay detected issue and I'm trying to resolve it and one of the ways I found was to go in to safe mode and disable all draw over apps. I'm ok with doing that and I know how. You hold down power button and then hold down power off on the screen. The issue is that my phone doesn't have a notification after holding power button to power off, restart and put to airplane mode it has a slide to power off a button to restart and a cancel button to cancel. So I need help to finding out how to put my phone into safe mode when everything I've seen says to hold down power off on the screen, but I don't have a hold down to power off!!!! Please help me btw my phone is called Leagoo M8 Pro.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Just choose Restart, and hold Volume down button when the animation(logo) appears, until the phone is on with "Safe mode" on the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddly There isn't any safe mode instruction on the official leagoo faq website. And Thacy the instruction you gave me didn't work.

It's a pretty big webpage -- if you use the Find function in your browser and look for "safe," you'll find this about 1/4 of the way down the page:

"Suggest to enter SAFEMODE is the function to deactivate all applications on the phone without having to uninstall it. To enter SAFEMODE press the Power button and release your finger and when the LEAGOO Logo appears hold on to the volume down button until the SAFEMODE is activated as you will see it on the bottom left of the screen. When in SAFEMODE try using the functions and application that you were experiencing issues to see if the issue is there. To deactivate the SAFEMODE just reboot the device. If having tried using the device in SAFEMODE and still experience issues, trying uninstalling the application “Main menu -- Settings -- Application -- Application you wish to uninstall and then press uninstall. Or you can do a factory reset by press the power button together with volume up button and choose RESET PHONE but before you do so please do not forget to back up your phone to avoid losing any important data or files."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those instructions assume the phone is powered off to begin with.

1. Power the phone completely off.
2. Press Power to turn the phone on as you normally would.
3. As soon as the LEAGOO logo appears, press and hold Vol Down.
4. When you see Safe Mode appear in the lower left, you can release the Vol Down button.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Those instructions assume the phone is powered off to begin with.

1. Power the phone completely off.
2. Press Power to turn the phone on as you normally would.
3. As soon as the LEAGOO logo appears, press and hold Vol Down.
4. When you see Safe Mode appear in the lower left, you can release the Vol Down button.

B.Diddy gave a detailed instruction. Don't know others, but there would be a misunderstanding for me without a small annotation: According to my own experience, you have to release the Power button when holding down volume down. (I guess that's why B.Diddy said "press" and no "hold" on step 2)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thank you @Thacy, that is correct. Press Power and release as you normally would to power on the phone, and then press and hold Vol Down as soon as the LEAGOO logo appears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22