Switched to straittalk from verizon note 5 no network connection wobt send text and more

Susan Rimes

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
N920VVRU3CQL4 Samsung Note 5
Hi i have Samsung note 5 N920VVRU3CQL4 verizon changed to straittalk they said my phone compatible. Since I changed I have very slow if any internet the wifi icon as 1 dot and a ! Next to it . If I send a text message it goes to "pending status " i figured out the only way to get text sent us to dial any phone number! Then text is sent. I cant be on the phone and the internet at the same time (i could at verizon) also sometimes when sending text ..i get a message that says "No mobile network" .. My APN is greyed out. I think trying your APN is a good idea what do you think ? I should not have to dial my phone to any random phone number for the messages to get sent. I also read where the upgrade for the nougat has all these errors and that's why this is happening. But when I was on Verizon I didn't have all this problem I just used a ton of data and I can't afford Verizon and the update was either in January or December so I think it might be straight talk who doesn't know how to set up my phone on there Network. Thank you in advance any help would be greatly appreciated 😁 P.S I am not a tech savvy person but I know something is mot right I don't know if this matters but I had an update on 1/7/18 N920VVRU3CQL4(was still at verizon)
and on 12/13/17 it says updated N920VVR53CQK1 is that right why are they two different numbers?

Srimes1962

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes I did verify my Samsung Note 5 was compatible and I did do the "Bring your own phone kit" and all what I wrote in my post is happening after verified and following instructions

Srimes1962

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
FIXED ! APN was at TRACFONE.VZWENTP thats wrong at least for my Samsung Note 5
I changed that to ACC.TF.***********
And everything works fine I can talk on the phone and be on the internet like I could before at Verizon I have four G my text messages send wow I impress myself :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good job!:D Thanks for posting your solution -- hopefully it'll help someone else in the same situation.

Did you create a new account on the forums? Were you having problems with your other account?

RealestRealist

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem ever since I switched from VZW prepaid to Straight Talk.. I usually get my texts but sometimes I don't until I make a telephone call out
Also it's the same thing with no data while on a telephone call
Did you actually enter ACC.TF.*********** or was that something other than asterisks, before? It won't let me edit any other field
I am on TRACFONE.VZWENTP
I tried taking the P off and putting it back on thinking that might update something
One site said for ST there should be an MMSC entry, too, and I haven't got one
MNC and MSC are 311 and 480

Thanks !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay