Why don't notifications display in my drawer?

HopStitchJump

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm using Oreo on an HTC U11. A few days ago, most notifications stopped appearing in the notifications drawer. I still get the notification sounds and vibrations, but nothing in the tray. It's pretty frustrating as even if I hear/feel it, I don't know which app is sending the notification! I have checked through all 'Sound & notification' settings, and individual app settings, but I can't find anything obviously untoward. I've also checked my DND settings, and it doesn't seem to be the issue. I missed a couple of orders for work, and an important message from my children's school, so would be really grateful for any assistance. Thanks in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a smartwatch or other similar device connected to the phone?

HopStitchJump

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much for your knowledgeable advice - I really appreciate your help. I've now wiped the cache partition, but still have the same issue. I've just had a chain of vibrate alerts, and no idea which apps have sent them! It's making me slightly crazy tbh, I think I'm edging towards a factory reset to preserve what little sanity I have left!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781