My phone is all stock, running pure Android with no carrier bloatware, and running only the stock apps that come with nougat.

Up until yesterday it was getting a day and a half to 2 days on a charge. Yesterday it lasted about 8 hours and died in my pocket with no warning whatsoever 😨 I had updated some system apps the night before, and am wondering if one of the updates caused the problem.

I also had my phone in a full wallet type case in my pocket, and it was very warm when I took it out 😱 I've used this case before on this phone running mm with no problems, but this is the first time with nougat. I'm wondering if my phone just overheated because nougat runs hotter, or it was just a bad stock system update.

My phone has been working flawlessly up to this point with no issues of any kind. I charged it back up, did a cache partition wipe to hopefully eliminate any bad update issues, and it seems to be working fine now.

I'd like to be able to keep carrying it in my pocket in the case for added protection, but I'd like your feedback on how easy a phone running nougat overheats when using Bluetooth for extended periods, and being carried in a fully covered case in a pocket.

It definitely seems like something's wrong, this can't be normal 😕😟

I've never owned a phone before that I had to worry about overheating. What's next, cooling fans built in to our phones? Lol
    03-25-2018 06:18 AM
    Did you happen to look at the battery stats after starting the time it died? It'd be helpful to know if any particular app or service showed up as using an inordinate amount of battery. It could've been some rogue app that was glitching and working overtime (either a system app or a 3rd party app).
    03-25-2018 02:33 PM