So I get these calls all the time that are random dailed or who knows. They are all ways to lower my interest, get forgivness for my already paid off student loans or asking for donations. My number is on the do not call list already too. So every time I get one of these calls I go to recent calls and tap the 3 dots to get the menu of options and choose block caller. Now I am getting calls from a number thats a spam caller but this time when I went to do the same I got unblock caller as an option, seems I blocked the number previous but the phone is not rejecting the call so it goes to voice mail, its ringing through. How can this be?
    The phone is an Lg G5 running 7.0 on Cricket. Cricket doesnt offer any call blocking service I just use the phones block list.
    04-03-2018 10:50 AM
    The callerID appears between the first and second rings, so the call can't be rejected until then - so the phone will always ring at least once. If you answer it after the first ring, it won't get blocked. Let it go if you don't recognize the name or number, and it should go to VM. Being answered just after the second ring is no problem for most people.
    04-03-2018 03:12 PM
    I use Do Not Disturb (no calls allowed, from anyone), coupled with an email alert from my mobile carrier (French-based Free Mobile; ain't really free, mind you...) when someone left me a message, which those phone-spamming firms almost never do.

(And when they do, it's just silence for about 20 seconds, then they hang up, presumably hoping you're gonna call them back, the dimwits.)

Maybe that options exists at Cricket too?
    04-04-2018 06:11 AM
    Unfortunately cricket does not offer any carrier based blocking services like Verizon or others. Its a prepaid service so things are a bit no frills. The cost is 1/2 what I paid Sprint though. So letting calls from unfamiliar numbers go to voice mail is going to have to be a thing. I dont want to bolck all calls. Intresting thing is later the same day posted this thread a co worker is having the same issue on iphone 7 and the caller is the same spoofed disconnected number. The recorded caller ask if Amanda is there. She blocked it also and its still ringing through.
    04-05-2018 12:41 PM
    Greetings.
    I am seeing a similar issue. In my case the blocked call is not ringing through but it is going straight into voice mail. This started with Android 7 and appears to be a new feature. Under Android 6, when a caller was on the blocked call list, they were not allowed to leave a voice message.
    What I have found is essentially a few choices. First would be to ask your carrier which as you pointed out isn't an option with Cricket. As an alternate, you can install a call blocker software. There are a few listed in the Google store if you choose to go that route. However I am personally hoping they realize the functional change between Android 6 and 7 regarding how blocked calls are handled was a mistake.

Best of luck
    04-13-2018 02:07 PM