Why are there horizontal & vertical lines on my phone screen?

dino_saurus

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Huawei Ascend G7(bought in 2015) and didn't have any screen issues up until a few days ago.

1. At first I noticed a faint yellow patch in the center of the screen, only visible when the screens dark or tilted at an angle.
2. Yesterday, thin horizontal blue/black lines appeared on the entire screen but with spaces at regular intervals so that I can still see my screen's contents and use it.
3. I restarted the phone and it went away, only to return after 5 minutes. Restarting, in both safe mode and normal, doesn't do anything now.
4. I also noticed vertical yellow/green streaks when the screen content's of darker colors.

The screen is still responsive like it normally is and I can see things on it.

Note: I sometimes use a bit of tissue dabbed in dettol to clean the screen, then wipe it off with paper soaked in a bit of water and then dry it with another tissue. Do you think this could have done something? Also, this started happening out of nowhere, I did not install any new apps.

(I'll add a photo later on in the day when I have access to a laptop)

Much thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Dettol is a water solution - never use water on any electronic device. Then, in addition, you used a paper towel moistened with water? Use alcohol if you have to use anything. (No, alcohol isn't water.)

As far as the screen, it sounds as if it was dropped or hit (not necessarily the screen - hitting a phone anywhere can shatter internal parts of the screen), starting a break in the screen that's spreading. If it doesn't bother you, leave it, but if it gets bad enough that you can't read it, you'll probably have to replace the screen, but buying a good used G7 would probably be cheaper.