Help with bixby

cyberwasp

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
For the past several weeks after the Oreo update I decided to try Bixby. I avoided it since I have a speech impediment due to cerebral palsey. To my surprise it was working right from the start, I ran through the training and did a few pages of sentences. I could easily change setting, dictate text messages, it was fun.

However, the last few days it has gotten harder to almost impossible to wake up with voice. Google however picks my "ok google," every time. I tried resetting Bixby and starting over to no avail. it wouldn't even recognize the sample sentences. Any suggestions or is there a way to contact the programmers. TIA

Last edited:

cyberwasp

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Going to take a stab at this, but can you do a cache clear for Bixby in settings>apps?

Hi Golfdrive97r. That was one of the things I've tried. I went back through the training except the, "Enhanced pronunciation," sentences as it keeps saying, "it's too noisy, try again in a quieter place." It was done in extreme quiet. The first time when it did work, I breezed right through each one.

For what it's worth, google wakes up, "Every time," I call it.

cyberwasp

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Last thing I can think of is uninstalling all the updates and re updating the app?

I just did a complete reset on the phone. Got through the enhanced pronunciation question this time. however Bixby goes deaf after the second use. I read in a message somewhere that a user found a subroutiine that is conflicting with Bixby. Not sure about it though!